Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Friendly Flower


          Several weeks ago, Yana Smakula did a YouTube video and blog post about coloring with Copic markers and heat embossing.  I’d always been told not to emboss and color with Copics.  Well, I had a “duh” moment when I watched the video.  She colored her image the traditional way using Copic friendly ink and then embossed over it after completing the coloring.  All you have to do is leave the stamp in a stamp positioner while you color your image so you can heat emboss afterwards.  I find coloring large images somewhat intimidating.  There’s so much coloring to do and requires time sitting doing it.  But this image from Gina K is the perfect size for me!  
         Here’s my list of what I used to make this card.  I’m going to color it again in different colors again soon! 
·       Stamp set(s):  Gina K Designs – Friendship Flower SS    
·       Ink(s):  Memento – Tuexdo Black; Versamark – Watermark; Gina K – Sea Glass
·       Paper:  Xpress It Blending Card – white; Gina K – Sea Glass
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Heffy Doodle – Imperial Stitched Rectangles Die; Tim Holtz – Botanical Embossing Folder
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  PPP – Aquamarine 6mm sequins; PTI – Silver Detail Embossing Powder; Copic Markers – YG 61, 63, 67 – BG 11,13,15 – Y 32, 35, 38
Hats off to Yana for letting me know thru her work that there is a way to heat emboss with Copic Markers – just can’t use digital images though! 
Hope you’ve enjoyed this post.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by and spend some of you valuable time here! 
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!