Saturday, December 22, 2018

A Pair of December Cards



My husband’s niece got married this December in Michigan.  When I saw Papertrey Ink’s Bold Borders: Flurries Die I thought a snow flaked themed card would be perfect.  I LOVE this die!  Perfect for any winter or Christmas card.  Just pair it up with the perfect sentiment for the occasion and it’s done!  Simple but compelling.  And the glitter card stock was stunning for this wedding card. Our niece and her husband loved it, and their combined family of three were stunned that it was made by hand! Handmade cards are just perfect as they are gifts from your heart to the recipient!
·      Stamp set(s): PTI – Sincerely Yours: Sending Joy; Make It Market Mini: Garden Gild
·      Ink(s):  Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, New Leaf
·      Paper:  Doodlebug – Light Blue Glitter Paper
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Bold Borders: Flurries Die; Sincerely Yours: Sending Joy Die

·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Wink of Stella – Clear glitter pen

Inside card



And now for the Christmas card.  I used basically the same idea without the glitter paper since I was making cards ahead and hadn’t decided which card was going to who yet. I also used the pine branches and pine cone instead of the holly for the wedding card.  Another elegant but easy card to make!  This flurry die could be a perfect match for all of your card needs thru February or March this year.  Just put several together and finish it off when you have a need for a quick card!  And use any color to make it pop.  Card making is after all interpretive, right? 

·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Sincerely Yours: Sending Joy SS
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Enchanted Evening, Cocoa Bean, Pinefeathers
·      Paper:  PTI – Spring Rain, Stampers Select White
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Bold Borders: Flurries Die; Sincerely Yours: Sending Joy Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  SU – Frosted Sequins(ret.)
 Thank you for taking the time today to spend some time on my blog.  I really appreciate it.  Big things are coming for me next year.  I’m relaunching Ink(lings) Artistry and considering an Etsy store or selling on Amazon. Plus, my big organizational item should be here next month – a beautiful white Shaker Style Dream Box from the Original ScrapBox.  I’m hoping that being so beautifully organized will increase my time in my craftroom and productivity.  I’ll take some before and after photos along the way.  It’s already inspiring me to put stuff away as I go and make notes on my project pages as to what I was using and all the info for posting on social media.  A messy craftroom seems to deter my artistic mojo!  LOL

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!