Monday, June 30, 2014

Welcome Baby with Viva la Verve

 


          Our church family has grown by two precious little ones in the past few weeks so I needed to send some cards out to welcome the new additions to the church!  The first card goes to the family with the little girl since ladies go first!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Be Blessed; Stampin’ Up! – Petite Pairs

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Strawberry Slush & So Saffron

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush, So Saffron & Lucky Limeade (ret.); My Minds’ Eye – Bloom & Grow Eye Candy (2009)

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  A Cut Above by Verve – Petal Points Die, Sprightly Sprigs & Banner Bundles; Stampin’ Up! – Sizzlits – Beautiful Wings; Spellbinders – Labels 10; Provocraft – Polka Dots EF

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon(ret.)  & Subtles Candy Dots; Verve – Shine Bright Sequin Mix   

         If you have read any of my past blog posts, you know that I am a self-confessed paper hoarder.  I buy paper with one project in mind, especially the older papers when I thought I was going to be doing a lot of scrapbooking, and then don’t want to use it.  But this piece of paper was a single piece of this lovely collection hanging around in my Scrap Rack so I pulled it out.  I love the sketch that Chaitali did for this week and had some trial and error coming up with the curve for the papers.  I found that the Spellbinders Labels 10 cut the paper to the curve and size I wanted when the width was 4 1/8”.
          I’d been really wanting to pull out my newly arrived Be Blessed set and those lovely flowers.  Add some greenery using the Sprightly Sprigs die, a butterfly, some sequins, ribbon and my new candy dots from Stampin’ Up! for the flower centers.  I love those things.  Just got those in for the first time from SU.  They will be a regular from now on.  They are so easy to use and love them with flowers.

 
For my second card, I had a little boy to welcome into the world so I changed up the colors, kept the layout the same and changed up the elements a bit.  Here are the supplies that I used:
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Petite Pairs
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Bermuda Bay & Rich Razzleberry
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, & Daffodil Delight; Basic Grey – Lemonade Picnic Table (2009)
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Cut Above by Verve – Banner Bundle, Sprightly Sprigs; Spellbinders – Labels 10; Stampin’ Up!  - Embosslits/Sizzlits, Beautiful Wings, Buttons #5,  Floral Fusion & Chevron EF                                  
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Brights Collections Buttons, Jewels Basic Rhinestones & Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine (ret.)
         I wanted to make a less feminine card yet keep it young since a baby whether boy or girl is such a precious soft bundle with no hard edges.  So I used some less traditional colors but still added some softer touches, after all butterflies are still technically bugs!  LOL  Instead of flowers, I used some button dies and a simple flower with a button center for some layer and depth.
I know that this is a longer post than usual but with the cards being so similar, I wanted to post them together.  I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit!
May you and your family have a safe and blessed 4th of July as we celebrate our nation’s birthday!
Many Blessings,
Donna





 

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the sketch! Love both of them :) Congrats on the grandbaby to be! How exciting!!! Warning: Enabler Alert.....Verve's To The Moon is a must have for any type of baby card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ordered To The Moon - with the help of my husband's spending money! LOL He is also an enabler!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!