Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Reason for the Season & MOJO 314

 
           For whatever reason, I had trouble getting my head around this sketch.  I played and played with the colors.  (There is a close up of the top part of the card that shows a green diagonal stripe to explain the green circle that jumps off the card!) even took it apart and redid some of it after I realized that I forgot to emboss the green circle.  Go figure where my head is!  For some reason, I had my heart set on doing a Christmas Card.  I looked through a lot of my stash of papers – ever the paper hoarder – and ended up with a Stampin’ Up! DSP.  I have a Heartfelt Creations Christmas Paper Pad that I completely forgot about until right now!  Donna, ya’ gotta’ get your act together, girl!  Anyway, this is my offering for MOJO contest week.  Perhaps not my best, but not as bad as I thought it would be at first.  I think the gold ribbon with the embossed flower that is supposed to be a poinsettia instead of lilies added a nice touch to it!
·       Stamp set(s):  Heartfelt Creations – Pristine Lilies & Shepherd Scene
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Cherry Cobbler; Versamark – Watermark Stamp Pad
·       Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green & Very Vanilla CS; Festival of Lights DSP Stack(retired) & Be of Good Cheer DSP
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Heartfelt Creations – Cross & Lilies die; Spellbinders – Classic Scalloped Circles & Lattice Rectangle; Provocraft – Snowflake EF
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Ribbon – Stash; Zing – Embossing Powder Gold with Glitter Finish; stipple brush; Pop – Up Glue Dots
This card measures 4¼ by 5½ inches with a left hand fold.  One of the reasons that I went back to these papers is for the Cherry Cobbler inks and papers.  This is Stampin’ Up!’s best red in my book.  I love this red, and this is such a deep elegant color from the Regal Collection.  I thought about going red on red with this one – and I may make this card later with a Cherry Cobbler circle, but today it’s Gumball Green.  The thing that I did differently with this card was my use of a stippling brush on the sentiment rectangle rather than matting it.  I thought that would be too much going on in that corner.  I’m also glad that I choose stripes for this card, too!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I love hearing from you and would like to encourage you to join my blog if you enjoy my offerings.  That’s it for now!
Many Blessings,
Donna

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!