Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sunflower Happy Birthday


 
          My Sunflower Girl – my baby – turns 27 this week!  Sunflowers are her favorite flower so, this year I used Stampin’ Up!’s Sunflower stamp.  I used the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Club sketch as my starting off point, but I didn’t get it done and photographed in time to enter their weekly challenge, but I do want to give credit to where credit is due!  My card is 6” by 6”.
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Sunflower and Simply Sketched; Heartfelt Creations – Heartfelt Expressions
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Crumb Cake & Early Espresso;  Copic Markers - YG 61 & YG 63
·       Paper:  Bazzill – Cornbread CS; PSX Papers – Sunflower Montage; Stampin’ Up! – Pear Pizazz
·       Dies & Embossing folders:   Spellbinders – Labels 10
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Recollections – Pearls; Autumn Leaves Epoxy Stickers; Stampin’ Up! – Cotton Ribbon – Natural
I started out trying to use some of my fav Stampin’ Up! CS, but just couldn’t get the colors to go quite the way I wanted them to so I looked in my stash of Bazzill CS.  I found this textured cs.  I played with it and tried stamping it several times.  Since I usually stamp on a smooth surface, I wasn’t sure how I would like it, but I decided that the texture added some additional interest to the stamped sunflower image.  I later outlined some of the petals with a glue pen and added glitter to the center and to the petals.  My girl loves bling so it had to have some added sparkle to her card for her special day!  I colored the pearls with my Copic Markers to draw out some of the green from the patterned paper I used behind the sunflower.
If you have notice, I do have a tendency to hoard the papers that I love, so I know the Sunflower pattern paper is an oldie.  It’s always hard to let go of pretty paper, but I think that this card will do justice to my ability to let go if it – LOL!!!!  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Many Blessings,
Donna


 

 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!