I was in need of another sympathy card this week for my church card ministry. Always a sad time for our families when they lose a loved one, but she is now waiting for them on the other side of the veil; they will be reunited! I seem to be in my purple faze right now so again, I did a purple flower but this time, I had the dies to cut it out!
My care is 4¼” by 5½” with a left hand fold. I did use the Viva la Verve June 2014 week 1 sketch for this and was also going to enter it in the Wings Diva Dare, but I did not have the time to get it posted. Too, too busy!
· Stamp set(s): Verve – Scripture Medley 1 & Chevron Love; Papertrey Ink – Delightful Dahlia Addition; Stampin’ Up! – Simply Sketched (Hostess, retired on inside)
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Pear Pizazz, Wisteria Wonder & Elegant Eggplant
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, & Elegant Eggplant
· Dies & Embossing folders: Verve – All A Flutter; Papertrey Ink – Delightful Dahlia Die; Stampin’ Up! – Adorning Accents Edgelits & Bigz Top Note
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Buttons Vintage Faceted; Recollections - Pearls
My card was fairly straight forward as I followed the sketch. The focal image of the scripture was a bit bigger than the sketch, but I really wanted to use the Top Note die with its stitching and the gorgeous blooms from Papertrey Ink’s Dahlias. I tried to do the 3 layer stamping on the images without success. I just need to play with the some more and find the PTI tutorial on the image again! I’m always open to suggestions! The pattern paper for the back ground is made from stamping the dahlia images onto Whisper White card stock. I really love making my own background papers at times to get the perfect match!
That’s all for now. Thanks so much for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing your feedback!