While getting caught up on my e-mails today, I looked at PTI’s blog, Capture the Moment. I ran across this month’s Color Play Combo and Signature Sketches – the 3rd one featured. I loved the simplicity and style of the sketch and the colors made me think of springtime. I think the whole country has had enough winter and is longing for spring flowers, green trees and grass. The sketch itself made me think of the PTI Summer Hills stamp set that was one of the first I bought!
· Stamp set(s): Papertrey Ink – Summer Hills
· Ink(s): Memento – Tuxedo Black; Stampin’ Up! – Stampin’ Write Markers in Gumball Green, Pear Pizazz, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Early Espresso Smoky Slate & Basic Gray
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White and Basic Black CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: Provocraft – Cuttlebug EF, Paper Lace II
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Verve – Seam Binding Ribbon from Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection
I used a few more colors on my coloring than the Color Play Combo listed, but I did use them in very small doses to make the sketch work – like the Early Espresso on the tree trunks, the Daffodil Delight for the windows and Real Red on the barn door. Of course, the trees are colored pink for the flowering trees I love seeing in the spring. I also colored the sky with Soft Sky. This whole stamp set and some of the other companion stamp sets with this release made me think of my mother and her quilts so the sentiment made sense as I treasure the memory of my mom and her quilts – like the tiny clothes line with quilts on it in this image!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look and reading my inklings. I appreciate your time! The sketch from the blog is below!
PS: Does anybody have some tips on taking pictures of your projects? This one looked straight until I went to my laptop! Frustrated with this aspect of my blogging!