Well, this is a first for me. I’m submitting this card in 3 challenges this time. I’m doing the usual MOJO 319 weekly challenge, but I’m adding Dynamics Duo #78 weekly challenge (check them out at: http://thedynamicduoschallenge.blogspot.com/), and my first Verve’s Diva Dare (http://vervestamps.blogspot.com/2013/11/november-diva-dare-day-1.html). The theme this month is “Shape Up” using common shapes. I agree with one of the Divas that the MOJO 319 sketch was perfect.
When I saw the Dynamic Duos Challenge colors for this week, I immediately thought of SU’s “Lovely as a Tree”. Those colors are perfect for a tree with a rustic or distressed feel. I played around a little with it and used stamping off to add some depth to the trees but I also wanted to give it a misty & glimmer effect like a winter’s morning when the sun is burning off the frost on the trees. I sponged some Crumb Cake ink around the sun (Inka Gold) that I had masked off and added the 3D Paint in silver. The picture (that I had to take at night) doesn’t do the card’s shimmery effects justice. I think it turned out really well for what I was trying to do.
· Stamp set(s): Verve – Lean On Me; Stampin’ Up! – Lovely As A Tree
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla CS; VIVA Décor – Inka Gold, gold (sun) & 3D Stamp Paint, silver (frost)
· Paper: The Paper Loft – Scattered Pine Mountain’s Fawn Lake Forest, Cedar Run & Scrub Oak Valley papers; Stampin’ Up! – Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke & Very Vanilla CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: MFT – Die-namics Washi Tape; Spellbinders – Standard Circles Large & Classic Scalloped Circles Large; ProvoCraft – Polka Dot EF; Stampin’ Up! – Square Lattice EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Jewels Basic Rhinestones
My card is 4¼” by 5½” with a top fold this time. I embossed the card front and background rectangle with the Lattice Square EF & used the Polka Dot EF on the scalloped mats for the focal image and the sentiment. All of the raised elements on the card were sponged with the 3D Stamp Paint to reinforce the shimmery effects of my “frosty morning”. My final touches were the rhinestones on the sentiment and the 3 corners of the rectangle background.
Thanks so much for stopping by to get the details on my card. I really appreciate you, my readers. Please feel free to leave me a message! I love hearing from you!