I’m getting close to completing and posting another months Viva la Verve Challenge with this and my next card. I decided that the 3 background panels were to be a stamped image. I chose Stampin’ Up!’s Wild Flower Meadow bundle. The biggest trick was figuring out the dimensions of the background panel which I finally did and then making it straight. I’ve got to find a better way to get my card image centered and level when I photograph them. Any tips will be appreciated.
My card is 4¼” by 5½” with a left side fold. Please note I had a bit of a mental flight of fancy when I chose Cherry Cobbler paper and Raspberry Ripple Ink. It wasn’t my intention, and I’d already finished when I realized my error. I still think the colors work!
· Stamp set(s): Stampin’ Up! – Thoughts & Prayers, Wildflower Meadow, & Secret Garden
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Basic Gray & Raspberry Ripple
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Basic Gray, Whisper White, & Core’dinations Cherry Cobbler CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: Stampin’ Up! – Secret Garden Framelits, Beautiful Wings Embosslits & Wildflower Meadow EF; Spellbinders – Classic Ovals Large & Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; Paper Studio – Script EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! - Jewels Basic Rhinestones & Jewels Basic Rhinestones Large; Ribbon – my own stash; McGill – Craft Molding mat & tools
I finally decided that the background panels would be 1½” by 3½” each and then spaced evenly on the embossed and distressed Core’dinations mat. The sentiment was popped up with the ribbon added before placement of the sentiment. It was not difficult at all to place and layer the elements of the card after figuring out the dimensions. I liked the dark red and will probably use this over the next month or so for my church card ministry as the red color is perfect for this time of the year. By the way, it was difficult to get the stamped Wildflower Meadow image lined up with the embossing folder. I’m still not sure if it’s lined up well. It’s a pain in the posterior so be careful if you plan to purchase this bundle.
As always, it is a pleasure to have you stop by my blog for a visit. Please feel free to leave a comment so that I know who has stopped by to see me! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as we thank God for this country He placed His Blessing on so many years ago.