It’s been a cold, cloudy day here in Central North Carolina; maybe that’s why both cards got “blinged” up today as I tackled 2 challenges. This card is for MOJO Monday 318. I’ve had that lovely gray ribbon from Stampin’ Up! for quite some time, but never got around to using it. When I saw the sketch for MOJO, I know that I wanted to use this lovely gray ribbon and some of my new stamp paint that I got a couple of Fridays back at the Heartfelt Creations booth at Charlotte’s Stitch, Craft, Create, Life Convention. So the bling was on! I made a 4¼” by 5½” card.
· Stamp set(s): Verve – Plain Jane Psalm 63:3-4
· Ink(s): Tsukineko – Memento Tuxedo Black; VIVA Décor – 3D Stamp Paint, Silver
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Basic Gray & Strawberry Slush CS; 7 Gypsies – patterned paper from my stash
· Dies & Embossing folders: Stampin’ Up! – Chalk Talk Framelits
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Two-Tone Ribbon, Basic Gray (ret.), silver star from my stash, rhinestone ribbon from CKC-Charlotte, NC vendor
I chose the Verve scripture because I thought it would go well with the hearts in the sketch. I tried and tried to get the hearts to work for me, but they just didn’t look right with the layout, so I found some more bling in my stash (No idea from whence it came, LOL!), and used that to anchor the tag. I distressed the edges of my tag and then used the stamp paint to add texture and sheen to it. I also added some more bling to the gray ribbon by running a piece of “rhinestone ribbon” I got from a vendor at CKC-Charlotte in August. It came together nicely I thought. I think that gray and pink is a great color combo and dressing it up with some bling really makes it pop!
Thanks for taking a moment to drop by my blog and take a look. Please sign up to follow me. I’m really trying to get some more followers before I try out for some design teams next year!