Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Celebrate A Special Birthday with Viva la Verve



          I’m still hoping to get all 4 cards done for November for the Viva la Verve Master Challenge.  It has been such a stressful month with my husband’s mild heart attack.  I’m grateful to God’s sustaining hand upon him.  His vein graft from his triple bypass in 1991 was completely blocked in one place and partially blocked in another.  With his 11th and 12th stent and new medication, he is back on his feet and resuming his normal activities.  God is soooooo GOOD!!!!

          Thanksgiving is upon us so quickly, but I still have all the usual day to day activities going on around my house.  I am a tutor/mentor to a young lady at a local school whose birthday is this week and needed to make her a special card.  I wanted it to be young and youthful, yet sweet so I went looking through my paper stash and found this delightful paper hidden carefully away.  It said youthful to me!  One of the great things about Stampin’ Up! cardstock is that it comes in so many delightful colors and takes ink beautifully.  It was so easy to find some good coordinating cs for my creation.  My card is 5½” by 4¼” with a top fold.  I also got to use my new ODBD’s Gingham Background stamp.  Gingham background is now available in ANY color.  What’s not to love????

·       Stamp set(s):  Papertrey Ink – Delightful Dahlia Additions; Our Daily Bread Designs – Gingham Background

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, & Daffodil Delight CS; Prima – Fairy Floral Collection Garden Party

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! – Chalk Talk Framelits; Spellbinders – Becky Fleck’s Tags & Flags   

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Verve - Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection; Jolee’s – Sunflowers Dimensional Stickers

The card came together easily following the layout for week 2’s Viva la Verve Sketch.  It was super to realize that one of the Verve ribbons from the Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection was a perfect match for SU!’s Melon Mambo.  I tried some pretty cream colored ribbon; it was OK but the Verve ribbon just made the whole card come alive.  I also reversed the scalloped border from the Becky Fleck dies to make a bit of a whimsical border – perfect for an almost teenager!

          I hope that you’ve enjoyed my card for the 2nd week’s challenge.  Don’t you just love a happy card – especially for a birthday girl?  Until next time you visit, be safe and have a blessed week!  Thanks for stopping by!

Many Blessings,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!