Friday, October 11, 2013

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much with Viva la Verve

 
           As soon as I saw this sketch and saw the inspiration photo, I immediately thought fall.  I love the banner at the bottom of the sketch brought to mind my Hearts A Flutter stamps and dies from Stampin’ Up!  I knew they would be a perfect.  My husband and I drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia yesterday – yes it was misty and a bit too early for the best colors.  But it was pretty and mostly sunny by the time we had lunch in Blowing Rock, NC.  This was the best time for us to go since the rest of the month is super busy, so I was really in the mood to create a fall themed card.  The stamped sentiment goes well with my thoughts of my marriage to my husband.  It pretty much sums up our marriage!  He is my blessing, and my life is so special with him in it!
·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Lean On Me; Stampin’ Up! – Hearts A Flutter; Papertrey Ink – Summer Hills
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, & Marina Mist;  Memento – Rich Cocoa 
·       Paper:  Basic Grey – Pyrus “Callery”; Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie & More Mustard (retired) CS
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Verve – Pointed Flower Die; Spellbinders – Classic Ovals Large & Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; Stampin’ Up! – Hearts A Flutter Framelits & Chevron EF
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Antique Brads & Jewels Basic Rhinestones; American Craft Ribbon
The colors from the inspiration photo just yelled FALL to me!  So I went back a ways to my stash of Basic Grey in my craft room!  Yes, I know it’s from the distant past, but what can I say?  Once it’s gone, it’s gone so I hoard it!  But I knew that these colors were good matches to the inspiration picture with a Basic Grey twist!  Once I had the papers all mapped out, the rest of the card came together.  I choose to go square at 5.5” rather than rectangle shape due to the large size of my pennants.  After stamping the pennants and flowers and die cutting them out, it was pretty much assembly time.  I like my Basic Grey Magnetic Precision mat for lining up items to make sure that they are straight when there are different items that need to be lined up!  I do wish that more of the BG patterned paper was visible, but take my word for it, the colors were there from the inspiration photo!  LOL!  One thing I did notice AFTER the pennants were pinned to the back of the embossed Always Artichoke CS, that the rounded corners were flipped from the sketch, but just take that as my “creative license”!
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look.  If you like what you see, please sign up to follow my blog so that you are notified when I post a new project!
Many Blessings,
Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!