Saturday, August 3, 2013

Meadow Greens Birthday



          I was so excited to get this set from Papertrey Ink this week.  I love Queen Ann’s Lace.  It is one of my favorite wildflowers.  It is so airy and lacy and looks beautiful growing along the highways and byways here in North Carolina.  I chose to make this into a birthday card as they are always handy to have on hand and this stamp set says “Happy” to me!

          My card is 5.5” by 5.5” so that it can fit into a 6” by 6” envelope.  Here are the details!

·       Stamp set(s):  Papertrey Ink’s Meadow Greens (July 2013 release)

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Old Olive; and Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad

·       Paper:  All from Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Crumb Cake & Calypso Coral CS; and Everyday Enchantment DSP (ret.)

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Meadow Greens Die Collection; Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Hexagons; SU – Edgelits Adorning Accents, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, & Embosslits Beautiful Wings; and Spellbinders Beaded Circles

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  SU – Linen Thread, Classic Jewels Rhinestones, & Designer Buttons Spice Cake; American Crafts – Zing White Embossing Powder; Viva Décor’s Inka-Gold in green metal gloss paint

I cut and folder a piece of Old Olive CS to make my card base and set it aside.  I cut a piece of Crumb Cake CS to 5” by 5” and randomly stamped the ferns (left & right fern) and a single leaf to make my own background patterned paper.  I shadow stamped each image to give depth to my background.  I took the striped paper from Everyday Enchantment and cut it to 5” by 2/75” and then took the die and cut it down to a 2.5” width.  I embossed the edges with the matching EF.

The Queen Ann’s Lace is a 2-step process.  I stamped and embossed the white “lace” first then stamped the green lines.  It will take some getting used to doing it this way.  Practice makes perfect, right?  But, the effect is really stunning, don’t you think?  I mounted the flower onto the beaded circle that I cut out and embossed and then faintly colored the edges with the Inka-Gold to give the beaded circle a slight sheen around the edges.  I debated about whether or not to ink the edges of each layer and decided not to.  I didn’t want to add another color and there was a lot of the crumb cake color, too.  I added the matting for the sentiment and some butterflies in Calypso Coral to give my card a pop of color and to lighten the mood a bit.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look!

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!