Wednesday, August 7, 2013

God is Love & MOJO Monday 305


 
          I’m back doing another MOJO Monday sketch!  I love this weekly sketch and get so many good ideas from the sketch itself and the other cards!  As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew that I wanted to replace the two smaller rectangles with the ferns from the PTI Meadow Greens Collection.  I had also wanted to try doing the Stained Glass effect so I added flowers to my card.
          I also want to recommend using SU’s Color Coach for selecting cardstock to go with your non-Stampin’ Up Patterned papers.  It was really easy to go to this really neat tool and select the right color cs.  I did have to improvise on the color markers as I didn’t have matching markers to go with the cardstock, but I like the way the card turned out.  I hope that you agree!  My card is 4.25” by 5.5” with a left side fold.
·       Stamp set(s):  Papertrey Ink – Meadow Greens; Stampin’ Up! – Oh, Hello, Secret Garden, & Trust God
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant & Summer Starfruit; Versamark
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Perfect Plum, Old Olive & Whisper White CS;  SU Vellum Paper; Basic Grey Kioshi Collection
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Papertrey Ink – Meadow Greens; Stampin’ Up! Framelits – Secret Garden & Ovals Collection & EF – Fancy Fans; Cuttlebug – Kassie’s Brocade EF
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Markers in Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit, & Marina Mist and Basic Jewels Pearls and Rhinestones; Archivers’ – Shabby White Embossing Powder
Once the cardstock decisions are made, it’s easy to start with the stamping!  I stamped and cut out the ferns with SU Old Olive ink from the Meadow Greens Collection and laid them aside.  I stamped and heat embossed the flowers from the Secret Garden Collection.  I love the Shabby White embossing powder.  It has a lot of sparkle to it and really makes the flowers pop even before they were colored.  I cut the flowers out with the matching die and then colored the back side of the flowers for the stained glass effect.  The oval was stamped with the chevron pattern from the Oh, Hello ss.  To make it more of a soft background, I stamped the image first on scrap paper and then stamped the chevron pattern.  I cut it out with the matching Oval Framelit.  The papers were edged with Elegant Eggplant for color and contrast.  The God is Love sentiment was also stamped with Elegant Eggplant ink.  It was an easy assemble with the MOJO 305 sketch as a guide.  I decided against the ribbon thinking that it would overload the card design.
          Thank you for stopping by my part of the digital universe!  Below are the pictures of the details and peak at the inside of the card, and the original MOJO sketch!
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!