My husband and I just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary this past Easter weekend. We met in person on Good Friday of 2004 and were married on Saturday of Easter weekend of 2005. This year was the first time that our anniversary fell on Saturday of Easter weekend so I decided that a fun card with a bit of bunny business was in order. I had just received these two stamp sets and coordinating dies from Verve so why not! (I seldom buy a stamp set that doesn’t have coor-dinating dies as I hate to fussy cut and love to layer to add texture!) Here is my enablers list:
- Stamp set(s): Hip Hop Bunnies & Rise Above (Verve); Vintage Linens (Papertrey Ink)
- Ink(s): Memento Tuxedo Black; Daffodil Delight (Stampin’ Up)
- Paper: Gumball Green (ret.), Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky & Whisper White (SU)
- Dies & Embossing folders: Bunny Hop & Partly Cloudy Dies (Verve); Stitched Basic Edges Die (My Favorite Things); Foliage Border Die, Diagonal Stripes EF, & Chicken Wire EF (Darice)
- Embellishments/Other things of note: Wink of Stella Clear; Copic Sketch Markers – R21, 22; E00, 02,23, 31, 33
I added additional texture through the use of embossing folders – the striped on the “grass” to make it look freshly mowed and the chicken wire one to give texture to the background. The white clouds added the perfect touch to the sunny effect. But my favorite part of the whole card is the precious little bunny that I colored in Copics. He turned out really well and might be some of the best coloring I’ve done since picking my markers back up after a long hiatus. The next use of these bunnies comes next weekend when I’ll be using them for our granddaughter’s first birthday. Malin has captured my heart and I love being Nanny to her!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! I know it’s been a long time since I regularly posted on my blog, but I’m trying to get back in the swing of it now that things seem a little calmer with family doings.