As promised, here is the "rest of the story"! As soon as I saw Dynamic Duos’ colors for this week (ending today), I knew that I would be going back to the colors that I used for the last week of Verve’s November challenge! It looks like the Christmas cards for this year are taking on a theme, but what a beautiful theme it is if I do say so myself. Just a few changes and viola here is a new gorgeous card! I really love how the Shabby Chic Lace stamp from Heartfelt Creations reminds me of the arch of a cathedral stained glass windows. It pairs well with the Shepherd Scene stamped image.
· Stamp set(s): Heartfelt Creations Shabby Chic Lace & Shepherd Scene
· Ink(s): Versamark – Watermark Stamp Pad; Viva 3D Stamp Paint – Silver
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Glimmer Paper Silver & Midnight Muse CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: Lifestyle Crafts – Nesting Ovals; Provocraft – Kassie’s Brocade Embossing Folder
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Jewels Basic Rhinestones and Jewels Basic Rhinestones Large; Zing – Silver Metallic Finish embossing powder; Hobby Lobby – Silver Ribbon
My card this time is a bit on the odd size – 6½” by 4¾” so that the card front would be completely embossed by the Kassie’s Brocade EF. It’s really frustrating that some of my old EF are not a true 5” by 7”. But that is one thing I will be looking for in the future. With the size of my focal image and the MOJO 322 sketch, I upsized the card originally to 5” by 7” until I tried embossing the card front. But, it turned out beautifully. I love the way that Viva 3D Stamp-Paint shows up on the embossed card front to add depth and dimension to my card.
Thank you for stopping by my blog to take a look at this card and my thoughts about it. I really appreciate your time. Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think and if you are so inclined, please join my sight and become a member so that you’ll be notified of new posts!