Thursday, December 5, 2013

O Holy Night Sparkles

 
 
           As promised, here is the "rest of the story"!  As soon as I saw Dynamic Duos’ colors for this week (ending today), I knew that I would be going back to the colors that I used for the last week of Verve’s November challenge!  It looks like the Christmas cards for this year are taking on a theme, but what a beautiful theme it is if I do say so myself.  Just a few changes and viola here is a new gorgeous card!  I really love how the Shabby Chic Lace stamp from Heartfelt Creations reminds me of the arch of a cathedral stained glass windows.  It pairs well with the Shepherd Scene stamped image.

·       Stamp set(s):  Heartfelt Creations Shabby Chic Lace & Shepherd Scene 

·       Ink(s):  Versamark – Watermark Stamp Pad; Viva 3D Stamp Paint – Silver

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Glimmer Paper Silver & Midnight Muse CS 

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Lifestyle Crafts – Nesting Ovals; Provocraft – Kassie’s Brocade Embossing Folder

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Jewels Basic Rhinestones and Jewels Basic Rhinestones Large;  Zing – Silver Metallic Finish embossing powder; Hobby Lobby – Silver Ribbon

My card this time is a bit on the odd size – 6½” by 4¾” so that the card front would be completely embossed by the Kassie’s Brocade EF.  It’s really frustrating that some of my old EF are not a true 5” by 7”.  But that is one thing I will be looking for in the future.  With the size of my focal image and the MOJO 322 sketch, I upsized the card originally to 5” by 7” until I tried embossing the card front.  But, it turned out beautifully.  I love the way that Viva 3D Stamp-Paint shows up on the embossed card front to add depth and dimension to my card.

 Thank you for stopping by my blog to take a look at this card and my thoughts about it.  I really appreciate your time.  Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think and if you are so inclined, please join my sight and become a member so that you’ll be notified of new posts!

Many Blessings,
Donna
  


3 comments:

  1. This a very beautiful Christmas card Donna. Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! Very festive!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I agree, the Shabby Chic Lace does look like cathedral windows and goes great with the nativity scene. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Donna, I am amazed at all the different dimensions of texture and embossing you managed to incorporate into your card! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!