Thursday, September 13, 2018

Loveliness is a Poinsettia made with Altenew’s Build-A-Flower



      You know it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around social media crafting sites. Right after July 1st, the crafting community begins to focus on the next big card making events – Christmas and Thanksgiving/Fall.  Everywhere on crafting social media we are seeing fall and holiday items abounding. One of the Christmas season flowers that proliferate are lovely poinsettias.  Used to be only red ones - I’m showing my age here!  LOL! - but now they are available in a variety of colors at stores everywhere.  I’ve done this one in shades of pink, but again use your imagination to suit your love of color and go to town creating lovely holiday cards for friends and families. I wish I had a good embossing folder with poinsettias on it to use on the card front or a music stamp or folder to add depth.  Just realized that, but I’ll try dressing up the next one I make!  From good to great as we learn from our mistakes or in my case, lack of planning.
     I’ve listed below the “enablers list” (thank you Julie Tillman, a.k.a. Verve Girl for that title for this list of items) which I’ve used on my project!
       Stamp set(s):     Altenew - Build-A-Flower Poinsettia 
       Ink(s):     Altenew - Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite, Razzleberry, Olive, Moss;     Versamark - Watermark ink
       Paper:     Papertrey Ink - Stampers’ Select White; Gina K - Fresh Asparagus; 
       Dies & Embossing folders:    Altenew - Poinsettia Build-A-Flower Die 
       Embellishments/Other things of note:     Judikins - Metallic Silver Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear; sequins from stash   

      Here’s a close up of the sentiment.  I have never used Judikins before – I wasn’t at home so I used what was available.  It has more of a matt finish, but still shows up well!  



      As always, I encourage you to go to www.in2stampincards.com to place an order for this lovely stamp and die set, and while you’re there explore the rest of her inventory from other companies.  She’s going to be your one stop shop for all the lovely supplies you’ll need to make your Christmas projects!  I’ve got another poinsettia card you’ll be seeing soon that I watercolored with Altenew’s new watercolors.  Be on the look out for that one as I did that one in red - my favorite color!

Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!