Tuesday, September 27, 2016
That's it for now! I'm hoping that you like my offering for the 2016 Fall Coffee Lover's Blog Hop though this post isn't linked to it - just my Instagram post, but I am linking this to Splitcoaststampers.
Many Fall Blessings to you and yours!
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
It’s a sad time for family when the matriarch of the family leaves this life for the next one in heaven, and so it was for the mother of a dear friend of mine whose daughter, my friend is already in heaven. So this card was for the children of my friend and her husband who we love and wanted to show our love and support. They are great kids! I keep in touch with their goings on thru Facebook. So this made my card very different. As usual, I have carefully hoarded this stash of Print Poetry paper, but that’s really what makes this card so special for very special people!
- · Stamp set(s): PTI – Vintage Linens; Verve(Inside) – Faith Medley
- · Ink(s): SU – Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit (all retired)
- · Paper: SU – Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, & Print Poetry
- · Dies & Embossing folders: Spellbinders – Classic Ovals & Classic Scalloped Circles; Cottage Cutz – With Deepest Sympathy
- · Embellishments/Other things of note: SU – Large Pearls; Copic – Y26 to color the pearls
This card came together very quickly once I had the paper and the focal floral stamp set picked. It is a simple card, but I think It does express my love and caring for these 4 children of our friends. The comfort we have is in knowing that we will see our friends again one day! With the Lord’s time table seemingly speeding up, that could be very soon!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Saturday, April 30, 2016
My husband has a late April Birthday so when it came around this year, I wanted to incorporate some of the lovely spring green with a mountain theme. We prefer the mountains over the beach. I remembered this Heartfelt Creations image I bought a while ago and it seemed the perfect fit. I stamped it and went to coloring with my Copics! I also used a new embossing folder from WeRMemoryKeepers. I had seen this particular basket weave one on a blog, and since I used to sell Longaberger Baskets in another life, I just couldn’t resist. These Next Level EF are the best - they are so rich in texture! I used the MFT Plaid Patterns paper to break up all of the detail from the embossing folders! I liked how it turned out!
- · Stamp set(s): HFC-Mystic Hideaway
- · Ink(s): Memento Tuxedo Black
- · Paper: MFT- Plain Patterns 6x6 Paper Pack; X-Press It Blending Card; SU-Hello Honey & Gumball Green(ret.)
- · Dies & Embossing Folders: PTI-Limitless Layers 3.5” Ovals Dies; Cottage Cutz-Happy & Birthday
- · Embellishments/Other things of note: Copic Markers(picture), Zva Creative Crystals & WRMK Woven EF
Thanks for stopping by to take a look! Oh, the embossing folders from WRMK are newer; and I couldn’t find them locally, so I contacted Tupelo Designs, LLC. They found it for me, and I now have 2 Woven folders. They were only $9.99 for 2 6x6” folders! They have them in stock on their website now! Just a plug for a newer company!
Saturday, April 2, 2016
My husband and I just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary this past Easter weekend. We met in person on Good Friday of 2004 and were married on Saturday of Easter weekend of 2005. This year was the first time that our anniversary fell on Saturday of Easter weekend so I decided that a fun card with a bit of bunny business was in order. I had just received these two stamp sets and coordinating dies from Verve so why not! (I seldom buy a stamp set that doesn’t have coor-dinating dies as I hate to fussy cut and love to layer to add texture!) Here is my enablers list:
- Stamp set(s): Hip Hop Bunnies & Rise Above (Verve); Vintage Linens (Papertrey Ink)
- Ink(s): Memento Tuxedo Black; Daffodil Delight (Stampin’ Up)
- Paper: Gumball Green (ret.), Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky & Whisper White (SU)
- Dies & Embossing folders: Bunny Hop & Partly Cloudy Dies (Verve); Stitched Basic Edges Die (My Favorite Things); Foliage Border Die, Diagonal Stripes EF, & Chicken Wire EF (Darice)
- Embellishments/Other things of note: Wink of Stella Clear; Copic Sketch Markers – R21, 22; E00, 02,23, 31, 33
I added additional texture through the use of embossing folders – the striped on the “grass” to make it look freshly mowed and the chicken wire one to give texture to the background. The white clouds added the perfect touch to the sunny effect. But my favorite part of the whole card is the precious little bunny that I colored in Copics. He turned out really well and might be some of the best coloring I’ve done since picking my markers back up after a long hiatus. The next use of these bunnies comes next weekend when I’ll be using them for our granddaughter’s first birthday. Malin has captured my heart and I love being Nanny to her!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! I know it’s been a long time since I regularly posted on my blog, but I’m trying to get back in the swing of it now that things seem a little calmer with family doings.
Monday, March 7, 2016
- · Stamp set(s): Altenew’s Persian Motifs
- · Ink(s): Memento Tuxedo black, SU markers
- · Paper: SU-Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
- · Dies & Embossing folders: Unknown EF
- · Embellishments/Other things of note: Verve-Sequins, glitter, white gel pen
I know that it has been a very long time since I lasted posted on this blog! It has been a very up and down couple of years. Our first granddaughter was born and is almost a year old coming up next month. Things haven’t been the same in this Nanny’s heart since then, but I am back doing more crafting and making cards for the pastor at our new church. Much has happened!
I made this card early last fall to send to my daughter Rebecca who was in Tanzania with the Peace Corps. I just wanted to let her know that her mama was thinking of her. She loves to get my hand made cards so she has another keepsake or two since she left. She is now safely back home, Praise the Lord and job hunting! I'm guessing on some of the deets as I can't find my recipe paper for this. The photo is not great as it's somewhat blurry & crooked - drives me nuts, but such is life! Things get a bit crooked at times! :-)
PS: The colors are Rebecca's favs!