Friday, June 13, 2014

Viva la Verve June 2014 Fathers' Day

 
          Would anybody believe that I have made a card without one bit of bling?  I can do it when it’s for the very special man in my life, my husband Thom.  I really appreciate his love, deep caring and responsibility he displays as a loving husband, father and stepfather!  He leads our family like the man of God he is.  When I first saw this Jeremiah 17:7, I knew that I had to get it for this Fathers’ Day!  It is a perfect sentiment to describe this man of mine!  Thank You, Lord, for the gift of a loving husband and father!
          I used the Viva la Verve June 2014 week 2 sketch!  I really love the off angle panels, but they are a challenge for me; I like how the panels turned out!  I did take a little license with the sketch to accommodate the scripture’s size using the ovals with a mat, and the banner was moved to the back of the sentiment panel!  My card is 4¼” by 5½” with a left side fold.  I will be posting this to Splitcoaststampers, VLV June 2014 and the Verve Diva Dare, “A Man’s World”.
·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Jeremiah 17:7 Plain Jane; Stampin’ Up! – Oh, Hello
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Night of Navy & Real Red
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Night of Navy, Sahara Sand & Real Red card stock; Denim Stars and Stars on Gray – from my old stash – I mean seriously old!!  LOL
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Verve – Starry Die & Banner Bundle; Lifestyle Crafts – Nesting Ovals; Stampin’ Up! – Square Lattice Embossing Folder   
          Once I decided on how to accommodate the size of the scripture that I chose for this card, I needed to up the color quotient from the navy and gray colors.  I little pop of red for the banner really livened things up without one bit of bling!  BUT, it still needed a touch of color and some embellishment.  I pulled out the Stampin’ Up! Oh, Hello set that has a chevron oval stamp in it.  I inked it up in Real Red & Night of Navy; they were stamped on the Sahara Sand cardstock and used the Starry Die to cut out the stars.  I also cut out some stars in the Real Red and layered them as you see them.
          I am very pleased with this afternoon’s time in my craft room, and it is done a day early!  Even better!  Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at my take on this week’s VLV sketch. 
Many Blessings,
Donna



8 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for entering at FOSTV this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderul texture and paper and use of the sketch - a three for :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your kind and encouraging comments, Marisa!

      Delete
  3. Love your card. Great texture.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave me your kind comment!

      Delete
  4. Oh how fun! Love all those chevron stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julee! I loved the way they popped!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!