Monday, June 16, 2014

Thinking of You with WPlus9 Design Studio


 
          A few months ago, I won a prize package from Papercrafts & Scrapbooking Magazine valued at about $150.  In that prize package were 2 WPlus9 items – Very Vintage Florals and a matching die for the label/frame stamp in the set.  As you can see by many of my posts, not only am I using a lot of Pear Pizazz card stock – probably my favorite green, but I am also making my own floral patterned paper by using stamps to make my own.  Love this idea!  I love florals – it is a theme on my blog, lol – but making my own matching papers is just perfect for me.  Every attempt is different!
          I needed 3 cards – two for my church card ministry and one for us to send.  So I played and these 3 cards were what I came up with.  I thought that the ODBD Corrie ten Boom quote was appropriate for all 3 cards though I just now realized that by using the same sentiment on the inside, I gave away my identity to the recipient of 2 cards – one from the church and one from me and my husband!  Little slow there!  LOL  All 3 cards measure 4¼” by 5½” with one having a different orientation than the other 2.

·       Stamp set(s):  WPlus9 – Very Vintage Florals; Our Daily Bread Designs – Corrie ten Boom (inside of all 3 cards); 2nd & 3rd card, inside:  Stampin’ Up! – Flowering Flourishes; Papertrey Ink – Delightful Dahlia Additions

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – 1st Card:  Rose Red, Blushing Bride & Pear Pizazz; 2nd & 3rd Card – Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizazz & Garden Green

·       Paper:  1st card: Stampin’ Up! – Rose Red, Whisper White, & Pear Pizazz; 2nd & 3rd Card: Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder & Pear Pizazz

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  WPlus9 – Labels Layers 3 Die

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  1st Card: Stampin’ Up! - Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon (ret.); 2nd & 3rd Card – White ribbon from stash; sequins; Stampin' Up! - Basic Jewels Rhinestones
          The making of the two different pattern papers were the most time consuming especially with the smaller floral from the WPlus9 set.  I made a whole page with the PTI images that you’ve seen in previous posts.  I played around with placement on this one.  This is one of the few times recently that I haven’t had a sketch to use for the layout.  Fairly simple card to make with all of the nice elements in the focal stamp set.  The WPlus9 set can be layered up to create different looking flowers for a really pretty effect.  I will use this one a lot, I think especially the frame.  The photopolymer stamp allows you to mount a sentiment from the set inside the frame and stamp both the frame and sentiment at the same time.  Really nice!!!
          Thank you for taking a look at my creations.  Please feel free to browse around my blog!

Many Blessings,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!