Friday, June 6, 2014

MOJO 348 Pink & Girly Birthday

 
          Well, it’s another MOJO Monday contest week and here I am trying to try my hand again at winning some free Verve!  I have become such a fan of this company.  Love their stamps with coordinating dies!  Absolutely brilliant!
          With this MOJO I am doing something a little different – practicing to be a grandmother maybe?????  We have a birthday party to go to for a 3 year old on Sunday and at the same time a going away party for this small family who is moving to Korea for 3 years.  I decided to use this retired Stampin’ Up! stamp set.  After finding the paper with the flowers for the background, I decided to use my newly acquired Dream Big scalloped flowers that perfectly imitate the flowers in the patterned paper.  So exciting when this comes together!  In order to make it all work, I rotated the elements a bit to make the design come together on a horizontal orientation.  My card is 5½” by 4 ¼” with a bottom opening.
·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Dream Big; Stampin’ Up! – Moving Forward (retired)
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up!  – Strawberry Slush
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White & Strawberry Slush card stock; My Mind’s Eye – Pretty Please “Full of Flowers” (2009) – yes, I am a paper hoarder!  LOL
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Verve – Scalloped Flowers Die & Banner Bundle Die;  Spellbinders – Labels 8
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Verve – Shine Bright Sequin Mix (Love this product!)   
         I really love the new scalloped flowers on the Dream Big stamp set with the coordinating dies.  I made a 2 layer flower and put a little scalloped flower punched out of glitter paper for the center.  I added the bird and bird flight path to the focal image of the balloon; scatter a few of these lovely, shiny sequins, and my little girl birthday card is done.  I think it turned out really cute and very pink.  The little girl that this card is going to is a bit of a tomboy so I thought the pink dirigible was a perfect compromise.  I hope her mom and dad like my tribute to their 3 year old bundle of energy!
 Please hang with me on my blog.  I am still dealing with a few health issues making me slow way down, but allergy season will soon be behind us!  Thank you God!  Pollen doesn’t last forever!   Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Please feel free to let me know what you think!
 
Many Blessings,
Donna



1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun! So pretty and I just love that little blimp image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!