Our church family has grown by two precious little ones in the past few weeks so I needed to send some cards out to welcome the new additions to the church! The first card goes to the family with the little girl since ladies go first!
· Stamp set(s): Verve – Be Blessed; Stampin’ Up! – Petite Pairs
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Strawberry Slush & So Saffron
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush, So Saffron & Lucky Limeade (ret.); My Minds’ Eye – Bloom & Grow Eye Candy (2009)
· Dies & Embossing folders: A Cut Above by Verve – Petal Points Die, Sprightly Sprigs & Banner Bundles; Stampin’ Up! – Sizzlits – Beautiful Wings; Spellbinders – Labels 10; Provocraft – Polka Dots EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon(ret.) & Subtles Candy Dots; Verve – Shine Bright Sequin Mix
If you have read any of my past blog posts, you know that I am a self-confessed paper hoarder. I buy paper with one project in mind, especially the older papers when I thought I was going to be doing a lot of scrapbooking, and then don’t want to use it. But this piece of paper was a single piece of this lovely collection hanging around in my Scrap Rack so I pulled it out. I love the sketch that Chaitali did for this week and had some trial and error coming up with the curve for the papers. I found that the Spellbinders Labels 10 cut the paper to the curve and size I wanted when the width was 4 1/8”.
I’d been really wanting to pull out my newly arrived Be Blessed set and those lovely flowers. Add some greenery using the Sprightly Sprigs die, a butterfly, some sequins, ribbon and my new candy dots from Stampin’ Up! for the flower centers. I love those things. Just got those in for the first time from SU. They will be a regular from now on. They are so easy to use and love them with flowers.
For my second card, I had a little boy to welcome into the world so I changed up the colors, kept the layout the same and changed up the elements a bit. Here are the supplies that I used:
· Stamp set(s): Stampin’ Up! – Petite Pairs
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Bermuda Bay & Rich Razzleberry
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, & Daffodil Delight; Basic Grey – Lemonade Picnic Table (2009)
· Dies & Embossing folders: Cut Above by Verve – Banner Bundle, Sprightly Sprigs; Spellbinders – Labels 10; Stampin’ Up! - Embosslits/Sizzlits, Beautiful Wings, Buttons #5, Floral Fusion & Chevron EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Brights Collections Buttons, Jewels Basic Rhinestones & Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine (ret.)
I wanted to make a less feminine card yet keep it young since a baby whether boy or girl is such a precious soft bundle with no hard edges. So I used some less traditional colors but still added some softer touches, after all butterflies are still technically bugs! LOL Instead of flowers, I used some button dies and a simple flower with a button center for some layer and depth.
I know that this is a longer post than usual but with the cards being so similar, I wanted to post them together. I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit!
May you and your family have a safe and blessed 4th of July as we celebrate our nation’s birthday!