Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Perfect Valentine: God is Love


 
          It’s been a while since I’ve had time or felt like playing in my craft room.  The flu definitely got me behind and down for a while.  I’m feeling better now and hope to be putting the winter doldrums behind me.  With Valentine Day coming up it is time to start thinking about making something special for my family.  These are headed for my two beautiful daughters.  I hope that they don’t read this blog and ruin the surprise. :-)  I don’t always send them cards any more for Valentine’s but this year is special.  Last May Rachel received her Master’s Degree, and this May Rebecca will receive her Master’s Degree.  I’m so proud of both of them.  They are both beautiful young Christian women who seek to serve Him.  I just wanted to send them a note of encouragement and love especially from their mom!  My card is 4¼” by 5½” with a left side fold.

·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – My Little Valentine (ret.) and Trust God

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Raspberry Ripple (sentiments) Primrose Petals (edges)

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals & Very Vanilla CS; The Paper Studio – Mirabella Plaid & Solid Glitter CS in Light Pink & Champagne

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! – Hearts Collection & Chalk Talk Framelits; Heartfelt Creations Decorative Dutch Iris Die; Spellbinders – Classic Circles Large/Standard & Classic Scalloped Circles Large   

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  iCraft – Easy-Cut Adhesive Sheets (double-sided); Prima Floral Embellishments; Stampin’ Up! – Brads Brights Collection (ret.) and Denim Ribbon Artichoke (ret.; ) & Basic Jewels Rhinestones; Recollections - Pearls

I ran across the patterned paper when I was at Hobby Lobby – love that place – when I was looking for glitter cardstock for another project which I was also able to use here for some additional glam & glitz.  I have quite a bit of burlap and wanted to make some embellishments with some double-sided adhesive sheets.  The patterned paper is light weight so I decided to add some texture with the burlap rather than by embossing it.  In the pictures of the two cards you can see that the burlap flourish is oriented differently and one is trimmed in rhinestones and one in pearls to reflect my girls’ personality.  This will be my first card in the Viva la Verve Challenge for this month.  I hope to get a few more cards made and entered before the 6th.  We’ve had some snow here this week in central NC, so I’m going to be at home tomorrow and might as well get creative!

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look.  Please feel free to leave me a comment and sign up to follow me so that you’ll be notified when I post something new.  I am doing an On-line Bible Study from Proverbs 31 Ministry so there might be a few non-crafty posts from now until early March 2014.

Many Blessings,
Donna

PS:  Do you prefer pearls or rhinestones?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!