Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rejoice (MOJO325)


          I know that it has been a while since my last post.  My husband was back in the hospital earlier this month – the 5th time this year with heart related issues, our son and his dog just moved out – much dog hair to find and banish and then Christmas, and then Christmas baking.  I was tired but recovering!  God is good!  Even with all of these hospitalizations – one was a mild heart attack; there has been no change in his EKG that indicates further damage to his heart.  Praise God!  So when it came time to do a birthday card for Thom’s Aunt Dot who will be 85 on January 2nd, this scripture from my brand spanking new stamp set came to mind!  (A shout out to Verve:  I ordered 2 stamp sets on Thursday morning the day after Christmas, and got them on Saturday.  Great customer service!) 

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Scripture Medley 1 and Lean On Me

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Real Red; Stampin’ Write Real Red and Crushed Curry markers

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Real Red, Very Vanilla, and Vellum; My Mind’s Eye – Lost & Found 3

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Verve – Pointed Flower Die; Papertrey Ink – XL Rickrack Border Die; Stampin’ Up! – Chalk Talk Framelits and Fancy Fan Embossing Folder

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Basic Jewels Pearls Large; Recollections - Pearls

I used one of my favorite techniques on this card – stained glass.  I embossed the flower image onto vellum using white embossing powder and then colored the back side with my SU markers.  It gives a really soft effect.  I loved the patterned paper from MME, and used the read in it to pull for my accent colors.  I chose to use flowers instead of a heart since I’m still not quite ready to do Valentine cards yet even though my colors SHOUT Valentine.  I liked this week’s sketch!  It’s always nice to have some basic ideas as to how the card is laid out as you think about the colors, patterns and texture!  The pearls are a nice finishing touch for a really wonderful woman.  They are so classic and classy!
         I hope and pray that you have a wonderful New Year ahead.  I am anticipating this New Year with joy in my heart for all of the Lord’s blessings on you and yours, and me and mine!

Many Blessings,
Donna



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis, (I can say that because we have the same Father!) heehee

    Your card is beautiful!! I am sorry to hear that your family has suffered this year but I praise Jesus that He is able to both comfort and heal!

    All the best to you in 2014

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!