As soon as I saw the challenge on Dynamic Duos – this is the first time that I’ve tried to participate but didn’t finish this card in time – I knew that I wanted to use a black card base. I don’t have circles as large as I wanted for the MOJO Monday 313 challenge, but I did have these wonderful hexagon shape so…. Here is my take on both challenges.
· Stamp set(s): Papertrey Ink – Delightful Dahlia Additions; Stampin’ Up! – Itty Bitty Banners
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals & Gumball Green
· Paper: Cosmo Cricket – Tea for Two 6 x 6 Pad; Stampin’ Up! – Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, Basic Black & Very Vanilla CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: Papertrey Ink – Delightful Dahlia Die; Lifestyle Crafts – Nesting Hexagons; Stampin’ Up! – Bitty Banner Framelits & Honeycomb EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Basic Jewels Pearls Large and Primrose Petals 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon
My hexagon embossing folder was not large enough to emboss the entire hexagon so that’s where the pink themed patterned paper came in – to cover the right side of the hexagon with it. I played around with my new PTI’s Delightful Dahlia Additions stamp set for the circles. They just didn’t look right without some leaves so I HAD to add some green leaves from the same stamp set. I added some smaller hexagon die cuts to the Blushing Bride CS randomly across the area. I am pleased with the overall look of the card, particularly the shape of it since it is a cross between round and square, don’t you think?
That’s all for now. I really appreciate you stopping by my blog and taking a look. Please feel free to leave me your thoughts about this card if you are so inclined. I’d love to hear from you!