This is my first submission to Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge. I really like their stamp sets – though I am getting use to using photopolymer stamps, but I really love the fact that I can see exactly where I am stamping. You are making me into a believer and the clarity of the stamped images is excellent, too! PLUS, they have many stamp sets with matching dies which makes creativity sooooo much easier! A plus for everyone! Since I am building my PTI inventory, I used stamps from one of my other favorites – Heartfelt Creations(HFC)! They have gorgeous images, too! I used 2 of the new In Color inks and papers from Stampin’ Up! for the colors since I was going for a soft look. My card is 4.25” by 5.5”.
· Stamp set(s): PTI – Wonderful Words: Memories; HFC – Vintage Words Background, Tattered Background, Chine Fragments, & Tattered Blossoms
· Ink(s): SU – Strawberry Slush & Pistachio Pudding; Memento – London Fog; Chalks – SU stampin’ pastels (ret.)
· Paper: SU: Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush, & Pistachio Pudding
· Dies & Embossing folders: PTI – Memories Die; Lifestyle Crafts – Nesting Ovals; HFC – Tattered Blossoms; Spellbinders – Nested Tea Cups; SU – Framelits Bitty Banners & Fancy Fan EF; Cuttlebug – Swiss Dots EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: SU – Very Vanilla Ribbon Seam Binding & Glimmer Brads Brights
I first stamped and chalked the tea cup image, cut it out with the matching die and set it aside. I did the 2 background stamps for the challenge and cut the cs to size and inked the edges with Pistachio Pudding. I embossed the stamped background and laid it aside. I stamped and colored the Tattered Blossom Flowers with chalk and cut them out with the matching die. The card was then a matter of placement which I played with for a few minutes. I finished it off with pearls at each corner.
Thanks for stopping by my blog to take a look. Please leave a comment!