Thursday, August 29, 2013

90th Birthday & MOJO Monday 308

 

          My husband’s father was one of 22 children – 2 different mothers.  (It still makes me hurt to think about that!)  Out of all 22 children and their 22 spouses, only 2 of the siblings are living.  We are celebrating Uncle John’s 90th birthday on Saturday.  He is a WWII veteran, too.  We have much to celebrate and be thankful for on Saturday!  So of course, I needed a guy type of card.  I immediately thought of my papers from the Paper Loft (www.paperloft.com) who I have worked for the last 3 years of CKC-Charlotte.  They have a really good niche that they have established for guy themed paper.  I think you’ll agree that these papers were perfect.  Please go by and visit their website or better yet get your favorite paper craft store to carry them.  Their papers are really thick cardstock – and double sided, too!  Tell them that Donna from CKC-Charlotte sent you!

·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – The Open Sea(Inside), Memorable Moments, & Lovely as a Tree(Inside); Heartfelt Creations – Uplifting Scriptures

·       Ink(s):  Memento – Rich Cocoa; Stampin’ Up! – Early Espresso & Crumb Cake; chalk ink for distressed edges

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Core-dinations Early Espress CS, Always Artichoke & Very Vanilla CS; The Paper Loft – Scattered Pine Mountain’s Fawn Lake Forest & Scrub Oak Valley

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Standard Circles Large; Stampin’ Up! – Framelits Labels Collection & Square Lattice EF

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Martha Stewart Pine Needles Trim Double Edged Punch 

 
 
My card is 5.5” by 5.5” square.  The Core’dinations CS is cut and scored to form the card base with the really handsome Paper Loft papers and the pine needles trim is cut from the Always Artichoke CS.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment for “Happy 90th Birthday” but still found it difficult to line up.  I am going to get SU’s Clear-Mount Perfectly Placed Guides to go with my SU Clear-Mount Acrylic blocks.  I saw a YouTube video recently where guide lines were used to line up stamps, so note to self – try that idea!

I dressed up the inside of the card using the nautical themed SS – the Open Sea – and Lovely As A Tree SS on the inside with the Heartfelt Creations scripture sentiment.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my offering for MOJO Monday 308!  Please leave a comment to let me know that you’ve stopped by to see me!

Many Blessings,

Donna


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!