Monday, June 17, 2013

Viva la Verve & Father’s Day, 2013

 

        I have been meaning to enter Viva la Verve for a while now and found this month’s sketches in my inbox just prior to starting to work on Thom’s Fathers’ Day Card.  I wanted to let Thom know what a great father he is while keeping the card masculine.  I’m going to try to create cards with all of June’s sketches before the end of the month.  I sure would love to win one of their gift certificates to buy some dies and stamps!  J

·       Stamp set(s):  Heartfelt Creations – HCPC 3363, Inspire Me Sentiments & HCPC 3434 Book Frame 2;  Impressions Obsession – Happy Father’s Day; Stampin’ Up! Fabulous Phrases & Lovely as a Tree      

·       Ink(s):  Early Espresso (Stampin’ Up!) 

·       Paper:  The Paper Loft – Hooked on Fishing & Huckle Berry Pond; Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Blue Bayou (retired) & SU Core’dinations Early Espresso

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up – Apothecary Accents; Spellbinders Blossom Three; My Favorite Things Die-namics Washi Tape; Embossing Folders – Stampin’ Up! Chevron & Woodgrain

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up – Antique Brads, Designer Buttons Spice Cake(retired), and Linen Thread; Fiskars Heart Punches

Since the front of the card would not have a lot of stamping to make for interest, I decided to emboss using embossing folders to add depth and to distress later with sanding and inking.  The button in the upper right corner was added in addition to the sketch elements to add some interest to an almost monochromatic color scheme.  The proof of a card is in the reaction of the recipient, in this case my husband.  He loved it!  I rest my case!

As always, thank you for stopping my blog and taking a look!  I would enjoy hearing your comments!

Many blessings,

Donna
PS:  Here is what the inside of my card looked like!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!