My take on the sketch!
Hi, yes, I’ve been busy in my crafting room today. My headaches are better so that has spurred my creativity! This is the first time that I will be submitting my take on a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. When I saw the sketch, I knew immediately that I wanted to use a Stampin’ Up! stamp that I’ve had for awhile. During one of their single stamp promotions, I saw this stamp and knew that I had to have it. I was a single mom of two beautiful daughters – now grown up – and I used to sing this song to them. They are still my sunshines and each of them will get a card handmade especially for them from their mama! I love you, Rachel & Rebecca. You light up my life every time I think of you!
· Stamp set(s): You Are My Sunshine (ret.) – Stampin’ Up! (single stamp promo)
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up!: Gumball Green, Marina Mist & Daffodil Delight
· Paper: Stampin’ Up!: Gumball Green, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Floral District DSP (ret.) and a piece of delightful paper from my stash – no idea where it came from. I am a self-confessed paper hoarder!
· Dies & Embossing folders: Stampin’ Up!: Edgelits: Adorning Accents; Spellbinders: Classic Scalloped Squares
· Embellishments/Other things of note: sponge and sponge dauber, Aleene’s Super Tacky Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SU Basic Jewels Rhinestones, American Crafts Ribbon
Now onto the card! It is 4.25’ by 5.5’ and folds down from the top and up from the bottom. I cut a piece of Whisper White CS vertically and then scored each piece at 3’ and 8.5’ respectfully. I attached a piece of Gumball Green CS cut to 4.25’ by 4’ to fold up from the bottom for my “green hill” for my “sun” to partially hide behind. The “sun” was paper pieced from Daffodil Delight CS & Floral District DSP. I inked the top piece of Whisper White CS with Marina Mist using a piece of sponge for my “sky”. Lastly, I attached a piece of blue ribbon and added some sparkle on the sentiment and a string of sparkle across the ribbon to glitz things up a bit! One thing I forgot – don’t tell my girls! I meant to add some texture to the grass with an embossing folder – and would do so if I made this again but I’m not tearing it apart now! Too much work! It is Sunday after all!
Thank you so much for stopping by my corner of the digital world. Let me know what you think if you are so inclined! Be blest and be a blessing!