Thursday, April 18, 2013

Delicate Asters Thank You

     My husband was in need of a thank you card for a young couple that he had met through his work.  When he returned to work after his 2 hospital stays, this young couple brought him a sweet treat for him to share.  A good turn like that deserved a special – not store bought – thank you card.  Since they are young folks, I used colors that I might not usually use.  I had just got in my Delicate Asters Die and Bold Delicate Asters SS so I thought I’d play a little bit with circles and dots to make a bright, fun young at heart card!
·         Stamp set(s):  Heartfelt Creations Bold Delicate Asters Precut Set (HCPC 3495) & Stampin’ Up! (SAB) Pretty Petites
·         Ink(s):  Pacific Point (sentiment) and Tangerine Tango
·         Paper:  From  SU:  Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, & Tangerine Tango; Daisyd’s Autumn Collection 6x6 pad Fall in Love
·         Dies & Embossing folders: Heartfelt Creations Die (HFC 726) Delicate Asters, SU Edgelits Adorning Accents (inside card) & SU Petite Curly Label Punch
·         Embellishments/Other things of note:  Ribbon – American Crafts;  Buttons – SU Designer Buttons Bright;  SU Basic Jewels Rhinestones;  Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots
The card is 4.25” x 5.5”.   The card base is done from SU’s Marina Mist.  If I had been taking a little more time with this, I might have used my Dotted Swiss Embossing folder for texture on the patterned paper.  Just in too much of a dash, I guess.  I hope you like my quick & easy card!  Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere!  The photography doesn't show it up really well, but the ribbon and Tangerine Tango Ink & Paper were perfect matches for the dots in the pattered paper!
Many Blessings,
Donna
PS:  Here is a peek at the inside of the card!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!